“Excel at doing what your passion is and only focus on perfecting it. Eventually people will see what you are great at doing, and if you are truly great, success will come chasing after you.”
In our Blogger’s Interview series, our this week’s guest is the man behind YourEscapeFrom9to5 – Cent Muruganandam. Visual blogging has now proven itself as the new strong medium to convey any message. And Cent M is one of those proud bloggers who has a very strong foothold in infographics and visual blogging.
During my short blogging journey, I got to know many awesome bloggers from all over the world, and Cent is one of them. He is such a talented person, who can create a whole new article out of one single comment (hint: it’s mine 🙂 ). And this when I was writing a guest post for him on importance of using LSI Keywords for SEO, I got to interact with him better.
Cent is a person with great sense of humor too 🙂 I am really thankful to him for taking time to share his experience with our readers. So without much wait, let’s start the discussion.
- 1 WPB360: ‘Your Escape from 9 to 5’ is an inspiring name for a blog. How did you decide to name your blog?
- 2 WPB360: Is this your first blog? What was the reason for choosing this niche of blogging?
- 3 WPB360: What is the importance of mentoring in this blogosphere? Do you think it is necessary to have a guide to succeed in this field?
- 4 WPB360: Infographic seems to be your forte. How did you gain interest in visual content?
- 5 WPB360: You produce some awesome infographic which is also easy on the eyes. Which tools do you use to prepare them?
- 6 WPB360: Are you a full-time blogger? How do you manage your time? Would you like to share your daily blogging routine?
- 7 WPB360: Which is the most awesome moment in your blogging journey so far?
- 8 WPB360: According to you, how visual content helps in better SEO? What are the other SEO measures one must follow?
- 9 WPB360: Is your blog earning for you? Would you like to share your major income sources?
- 10 WPB360: What are your next blogging plans?
- 11 WPB360: Would you like to share some tips for the newbie bloggers who want to start their journey with visual blogging?
WPB360: ‘Your Escape from 9 to 5’ is an inspiring name for a blog. How did you decide to name your blog?
Cent: I’m a big Robert Kiyosaki fan; you can say he is my ‘rich dad’. I am a firm believer in entrepreneurship and financial freedom without depending on a traditional 9 to 5 job. So the blog name was going to be something along “escape the 9 to 5”. It was going to be my path to financial freedom through blogging but it has evolved and changed from the initial idea.
WPB360: Is this your first blog? What was the reason for choosing this niche of blogging?
Cent: Yes, this is my first blog. To be frank, I did not know what to blog and had a liking for blogging tips, blogging ideas and social media. I was also not sure what I was good at and decided to go with my journey and build something out of my passion.
WPB360: What is the importance of mentoring in this blogosphere? Do you think it is necessary to have a guide to succeed in this field?
Cent: I don’t think a mentor is a must but having someone to guide you and give you opportunities can get you to your destination a lot quicker. I have to thank Zac Johnson of BloggingTips.com for providing such opportunities and guidance. I have worked on many collaborative projects with Zac.
WPB360: Infographic seems to be your forte. How did you gain interest in visual content?
Cent: This is a funny story and I wrote a guest post about my first infographic 50 Blogging Tips – it was love at first sight.
WPB360: You produce some awesome infographic which is also easy on the eyes. Which tools do you use to prepare them?
Cent: Ha, ha, you want my secret sauce?
Cent: At the moment part time and planning on going full time soon.
I start with my emails, Twitter, then onto blog comments and social sharing.
Then I go to my daily tasks whether it’s creating, researching or promoting content.
I am an IT Project Manager and I have good skills in breaking up my tasks, creating checklists, organising and prioritising them.
WPB360: Which is the most awesome moment in your blogging journey so far?
Cent: My first infographic rounding up 50 awesome blogging tips featuring in some big sites like
- BlogHerald.com to name a few.
WPB360: According to you, how visual content helps in better SEO? What are the other SEO measures one must follow?
Cent: Would you like to read a 2,000-word post or look at an image instead that conveys the same message to 20 seconds?
I think multimedia content is the way to go – videos, images, infographics and podcasts have the potential to catch fire and keep your audience engaged.
From an SEO perspective, keep things simple. Start with on page elements then to link building. The first year of a blog is always hard to get search engine traffic but don’t forget the basics. Don’t underestimate the value of content marketing and promotion.
Cent: Yes, I earn through my blog. My major income source is the services I provide – infographics and link building; my bread and butter.
WPB360: What are your next blogging plans?
Cent: Go full-time blogging, escape the 9 to 5.
- Create something different to stand out from the crowd.
- Create multimedia assets. Text content is like a $1 coin, images and infographics are like $5 notes and videos are probably $10 or more. So don’t just go for the $1 coin, always strives to create something bigger and better.
- Bloggers are all-rounders; we do many things but to be successful you have to specialize in one thing. Find your bread and butter.
- Find at least one repeat client. Don’t get me wrong, building your mailing list and getting traffic is all good long term plans but if you want income from your blog you have to go find a repeat client who values your services. You don’t need 10 clients to start with all you need is one. Good luck!
Thanks again Cent for taking time to share some great visual blogging tips with the readers of WPBlogging360. In case if you have any more question for Cent that you might want to know about his blogging journey, please feel free to put in the comments below.