Did you buy a hosting plan from Bluehost recently? But don’t know how to set up WordPress blog on Bluehost? You might have noticed couple of articles on how to install WordPress on Bluehost in 5 minutes or the famous 5 minute WordPress installation on Bluehost.
Is it really that easy to install WordPress on bluehost? I would say it is far easier than ever and now a dayswill take hardly 2-3 minute max.
Bluehost is the best wordpress hosting provider for a beginner to start blogging. They also provide a free domain name with their shared hosting plans. You don’t have to believe my words blindly, simply follow the link below and find all the details. In fact you can get huge discount on shared hosting plans.
- Sign up for Bluehost and get 40% discount ($3.49/mo unlimited hosting + 1 Free Domain name)
Steps to install WordPress on Bluehost
Among all shared hosting providers, Bluehost is the cheapest Hosting for WordPress. I am using Bluehost for a niche site experiment and really enjoyed the one click installation process.
In this article I will share how you can install Bluehost on your custom domain with few clicks only.
Step 1: First of all be ready with your bluehost cpanel log in id and password. Use the cpanel link provided and login. Hope you have added your domain name as add on domain in Bluehost cpanel. Now scroll down and find software & services section. Look for softaculous and click on the same.
Step 2: In the next step, choose WordPress from many scripts and click on install.
Step 3: In this step you have to carefully provide all the information to setup WordPress blog. Follow the points one by one
- Choose a protocol among http:// or http:// with WWW. You can choose any one of them as they will not impact anyway. But if you choose http://, then you might save 3 characters for your post slug.
- Choose the domain name in which you want to install WordPress.
- You can keep the directory empty to install WordPress on root domain only. Otherwise your website address will be www,yourdomain,com/wp/. So be careful. Keep other parameters as it is till you reach Site Settings tab.
- Provide your blogs name and a tagline or description.
- In the admin account section, change the default user is from ADMIN to your convenient one. And also choose a password. Provide an email id may be a personal id or your website specific email id.
Step 4: Scroll down below and click on the install button. Wait for few seconds and track the progress bar. Your WordPress has been installed successfully to your root domain.
Step 5: So, you have installed WordPress on your domain. Now do you think its done? No, you have to follow few more steps to make your blog ready for blogging. Follow these essential settings after installing WordPress.
So, do you think it is easy to install WordPress on Bluehost hosted domain? Do you think starting a blog in WordPress platform is difficult after following these steps? Share your query or feedback about installing WordPress for the first time for your blog.