The Liebster Blog Award is an exciting opportunity to develop relationships with our fellow bloggers. This is a peer nominated award which acts as a chain blog post but from different domains.
The idea is very simple. It is a way to let your regular readers know you better and get you new readers through your outlook towards life. This is mainly intended to connect with new bloggers while building your email list.
Rachel Newfire from DigaLittleDeeper0.me has invited me to take part & I am glad that she did 🙂 Rachel is a person with strong determination who believes in making one connection at a time. She blogs about self improvement habits and how to make a better relationship with your inner self and as well as with others.
Taking Part in the Liebster Award
Then I Googled about it and collected all the necessary information.
Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome.
This blog award helps you to connect with other noteworthy blogs from all over the world. It is also a great way to get some traffic and subscribers to your blog.
I must admit that it was fun to work on something which is totally different from what I am doing on a regular basis.
My Answers for Rachel’s Liebster Award Questions
Q. What strength/s are you glad you have?
Many a times I have heard this about myself – I have strong analytical skills. Be it in designing a training or any other HR gamut (being an HR Consultant), this skill has helped me in different field of job and blogging.
Q. What are two things you want to do before you leave earth?
I want to grow old with my best friend Santanu (fortunately now my husband 🙂 ). Also want to serve and support my parents and in laws through their happy and struggling periods, as I believe those four are the first most ones who need our attention.
Q. When you look in the mirror, what is the first thought that comes to mind?
I feel determined to go for the gym to get fit into those old jeans 😛
Q. How do you relax?
My relaxation has always been Santanu. However disturbed I feel, few moments with him just work like magic. And the best thing is we can talk about just anything and everything 🙂 And now Hrishabh (my son) has been added as the stress buster. I also feel relaxed in the pool or with a good book in hand.
Q. What tips do you have when you come up against writers block?
Writers block is an inevitable situation in any writer’s life. I have faced many types of them. So many times, I was confused to choose from many topics in hand and also after I choose one, had lost interest after few paragraphs. But my tips to overcome this is to continue with whatever you have started. May be now or after sometime you will write about that and many other topic. You can definitely choose some killer blog post ideas to make your work interesting.
Q. How do you reward yourself when you have reached a goal?
I am actually bad at rewarding myself. But with every accomplishment, I feel more determined to work further.
Q. What is your favorite indulgence?
I am a big fan of Hyderabadi biriyani and one serving of Brownie Sundae can just add to the glee. I am a foodie. At the same time I am a good cook too (atleast my friends & family say so 😛 ). You can read my recipes in Manidipa’sKitchen.com. Though I am bad at consumption, but like to taste all types of good food.
Q. What makes your heart swell with delight?
A road trip through the breezy air. Nothing is more rejuvenating than this. Also I am waiting for my license to fly 🙂
Q. If you could spend a couple of hours with a politician who said, ‘we’ll listen to your views’, what would you talk about?
About helping the children in need. But beyond discussing, it is always better to do it yourself and inspire others to join the cause.
Q. You’re invited to a summit where homelessness is the topic. What would you suggest?
As I said, showing commitment and joining the cause is more important than discussing about the topic. Many a times we see in social media and other places people are busy in talking about such topics, but very few are actually going to the root level and serving the need. We need to change the attitude and join the purpose if we seek for real solution.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I am a total family girl. Always was the lovey dovey dependable lass of my family and relatives.
- I like to experiment with food. Love the feeling of making someone happy with my culinary skills.
- In my childhood, I wanted to be a naval officer. But my height did not permit me to 🙁
- I can sink in a bucket of chocolates. Taking a bite of dark chocolate is one sin I would love to do again and again.
- My father was a librarian. Since then I wanted to make a room with books all around.
- I am with my best friend for last 26 years. My obsession for commitment starts from there 🙂
- In my childhood I always enjoyed solving mathematical problems and playing cricket over dolls…may be this is the reason Santanu became my best friend 😛
- A significantly longer road trip is my dream. After I settle down my kid, I want to go for a road trip for years. Just travelling around and savoring the different delicacies.
- My secret desire is to build an old age crèche where the air will make them feel happy.
- I love editing. I know it’s a little strange skill, but I like to make a copy perfect before I publish.
Now here are my questions:
- If money was not a matter of fact, what would be your next travel destination?
- Which is your favourite food with health benefits?
- What was your last accomplishment (in life or career)?
- What are 2 lesser known facts about you?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- How do you plan your day?
- What is your most memorable moment in life?
- Do you think our education system is lacking in providing learning for life?
- What is that one thing anyone will first know about you?
- What was the most memorable act of kindness you have witnessed in recent times?
- If given a life again, what would you be?
Liebster Blog Award – My Nominations
I am here nominating my fellow bloggers
Bushra @ Noida Diary
Dimple @ Blog-Guru
Srivi @ The Piscean Me
Felicia @ Felicianazareth
Upasna @ Life Through my Bioscope
The Liebster Blog Award rules are mentioned below:
- Write a blogpost about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blogpost.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blogpost.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post regarding Liebster Blog Award. Thanks for knowing me a little more 🙂