Link Building is a crucial part of any Website’s Growth. Despite of all the recent Google Updates and the increasing competition, it is essential to gain high-quality links.
The sad part is that, it is impossible to obtain high-quality links just by begging via email or by buying links from sites like Fiverr and SourceWave.
Are you also struggling with Link Building?
Then this is the post that you would want to read. Below are some new link building strategies that you can apply now to rank higher in the years to come.
- 1 Link Building Techniques to Rank Higher in 2017
- 1.1 Guestographics
- 1.2 Skyscraper Technique
- 1.3 Link Roundups
- 1.4 Broken Link Building
- 1.4.1 Tips for Email Outreach
- 184.108.40.206.1 Tuhin Adhikary is the founder of Serpdaddy and an expert in Internet Marketing campaigns, specialised in Organic SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Social Media Marketing. Since he discovered the endless flow of money going through the internet he started making money since 2010. His new goal is sharing information, helping people to make money and increase their earning.
- 1.4.1 Tips for Email Outreach
Link Building Techniques to Rank Higher in 2017
Guestographics as a link building technique has been there for a while now. But I don’t see many bloggers using it to its full potential.
In Guestographics, you essentially use infographics as a guest post to get your links. This has to be the easiest way for getting high-quality links. Unlike guest blogging, you need not to write thousands of words to get your links.
The tricky part is creating the infographic. Not all can create a good infographic. There are many sites with free templates which let you do the same, but the quality is awful.
All your efforts can go into waste if your Infographic doesn’t stand out of the crowd.
Steps to follow –
- The first step is to find an infographic idea. Make sure the idea is related to your niche. Also ensure that the idea easily grabs the attention of your readers.
- The next step is to create an infographic. Make sure your infographic is engaging and is packed with data. Outsourcing the infographic is the best option if you want to see great results. Alternatively, if you love to design your own infographic, you can do so with tools like Venngage.
- After your infographic is ready, the next step is to publish on your blog. Make sure it is supported with a good article.
- Use Google and other tools to find potential blogs which might be interested in publishing your infographic.
- Reach out to those bloggers via a good email outreach campaign. Don’t ask for a link directly. Tell them the importance of your content and how it is useful to their readers.
- Make sure that you reach out to the bloggers who haven’t answered to your mail again. This helps to increase your conversion rate.
- Try to send them the Infographic with some content. Most infographics should be supported with some text. If you provide them with the content, then it makes the author’s job easier.
- Submit your infographic to the top infographic submission sites.
Skyscraper Technique is one of the best technique one can follow to attract authority sites to their blog.
It is a two-step process. First, we need to create a piece of content which is better than the content that ranks for the first position. The next step is to reach out to those who are linking to it.
The steps to follow are –
- Go through the three best pieces of content, ranking for your keyword.
- Make a checklist of what is lacking in their content. This might be things like images, video, content etc.
- Make sure that you add the elements lacking in the content.
- Make a list of potential blogs which are already linking to the top content.
- Reach to all of them and introduce your resource to them. You can use some good Subject lines and templates to increase your conversion rate.
You might find Brian Dean’s Link Building Case Study through Skyscraper Technique useful.
This is the easiest method of gaining high-quality links to your blog.
Many blogs do a weekly or a monthly link roundup. In these roundups, they feature the best posts of the week or the month.
If you are someone who writes good quality content, then you can easily reach out to them and tell them about your content.
The steps to follow are –
- The first step is to find the already published roundup posts. This can be done by a simple search on Google. Eg- “Your niche Roundup” + March
- You can also use a free service such as DropMyLink to find these opportunities
- The next step is to reach out the author of the post by a simple email outreach.
- Make sure that you introduce the content and tell the reason why should it be included in the post.
- Most of these posts receive a lot of visits. This will help you to get targeted traffic apart from the link.
Broken Link Building
The whole web is broken. Each day millions of links become broken.
This may be due to some hosting issues; sites getting messed up or due to a typing mistake.
This creates thousands of link building opportunities. Unlike the other link building strategies, broken link building has a much higher success rate. You can expect to gain 5-15 links by sending 100 emails.
The whole process is very simple. This works for most of the niches.
The steps are quite simple and follow as –
- Find a web company or a blog which was popular but is no longer in existences.
- You can scan for broken links on a particular page by a simple plugin. Check My Links Chrome Extension is the best tool to find broken links.
- The next step is to check the links of the website. List down all the blogs the site is linking to.
- You just need to create a similar post that the blogs were linking to replace the broken links.
- Reach out to them via email and tell them about the issue. Most bloggers want their blogs links to be clean, so you have a good chance of gaining a link.
You might find it useful – A Step by Step Guide to Modern Broken Link Building
Tips for Email Outreach
- Be Personal – Whenever you write an email, make sure that you start it with a name. If you don’t know it, you can start with “Hi” or “Hello”.
- Keep it short– Make sure that you are specific and straightforward. Don’t beat around the bush.
- Keep it free of mistakes– Check the grammar of the mail contents before sending it. Don’t be too pushy.
- Be polite– Make them feel that you are just asking for a favour and not like that you are demanding.
It doesn’t matter how much importance you give to writing an epic content or promoting your blog, backlinks still remains the most important factor in the growth of your blog/ website.
I hope you will found the post useful. Link Building is a very natural thing, but due to the increasing competition on the web, it has to be done manually. Most newbie bloggers find it very difficult to build links.
I think if you follow the right steps it’s quite easy.
What link-building techniques do you use? Please let me know in the comment section below.
Tuhin Adhikary is the founder of Serpdaddy and an expert in Internet Marketing campaigns, specialised in Organic SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Social Media Marketing. Since he discovered the endless flow of money going through the internet he started making money since 2010. His new goal is sharing information, helping people to make money and increase their earning.